Keri-Ann C. Baker
Areas of Practice
- Assists clients in obtaining all manner of land use approvals.
- Represents clients on federal and state rulemaking.
- Represents special districts, municipalities and counties on environmental and land use issues.
- Represents clients with issues pertaining to contaminated property remediation and the defense of environmental enforcement actions by state, local and federal governmental agencies.
- Represents clients throughout environmental and administrative permitting processes involving local, state and federal regulations and laws governing endangered species, coastal development, and the consumption and dredging or filling of wetlands, including jurisdiction and permitting pursuant to the Clean Water Act.
- Represents clients regarding Endangered Species Act and NEPA compliance.
- Ms. Baker represents public and private clients with matters before the Florida Department of Environmental Protection, the various Florida water management districts, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
- Counsels clients concerning acquisition of special assets including all impacts on value created by zoning, environmental, regulatory and permitting factors applicable to the special asset.
- Experience in administrative, state and federal civil litigation.
Professional, Civic And Community Involvement
- Marine Industries of Palm Beach County: Boat Show Expansion Committee 2012-Present.
- Marine Industries of the Treasure Coast: Member.
- Florida Airports Council: Environmental Committee 2011-Present.
- The Florida Bar: Admitted 2005, Florida Young Lawyer Section’s District Representative from Florida to the American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division. August 2010-August 2012.
- Palm Beach County Bar Association Young Lawyers Division: Member.
- Palm Beach County Bar Association Environmental & Land Use Committee: Member 2008-Present.
- American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division: Membership Director 2011-2012, Membership Services Team 2009-2010, Liaison to State & Local Government Section 2009-2010, Host Committee 2010 Midyear Meeting, Council 2010-Present, Resolutions Team 2010-Present, Membership Board 2010-Present, Membership Board, 2010-2011, Resolutions Team, 2010-2011, Credentials Team, 2010-2011.
- American Bar Association State & Local Government Section: Executive Council, 2009-2010, Environmental Committee Vice-Chair 2009-2012.
- The Friends of Gumbo Limbo: Board of Directors.
- South Florida Fair: Director, 2008-2010, Green Fairway Committee Chair 2009-2010.
- Economic Forum of the Palm Beaches: Member 2007-Present.
- Palm Beach County Literacy Coalition: Board Member 2007-2009, Spelling Bee Co-Chair 2008, Love of Literacy Luncheon Committee 2007-2009.
- Leadership West Palm Beach: Graduate 2008 Class.
Presentations, Publications And Awards
- Florida Rising Star in Environmental Law, 2011 & 2009, Peer Designation awarded to only 2.5% of Florida Lawyers.
- "The FAA Begins a New Chapter in Hazardous Wildlife Management", Florida Aviation Business Magazine, May 2013.
- "Florida Coastal Construction Permitting and Sovereign Submerged Lease Issues" prepared for the International Marina Boatyard Conference (January, 2013).
- "The Water-Energy Nexus: Recent Federal Actions and Their Potential Impacts"; Published in American Water Works Association Journal (February, 2013).
- "Lies, Smears, Innuendos, and Half Truths: A Guide to Protecting a Utility's Online Reputation"; Published in American Water Works Association Journal (November, 2012).
- “Challenges & Opportunities: The Seminole Tribe of Florida’s Water Rights Experience”; prepared for Western States Water Council & Native American Rights Fund Water Symposium (August 2011); CLE International Water Law Conference (June, 2012); and National Congress of Indians Water Rights Conference (June, 2012).
- “Working with Native Americans on Water Issues”; Published in Journal-American Water Works Association Journal (May, 2012).
- “Greenwashing: What Your Client Should Know to Avoid Costly Litigation and Consumer Backlash”; American Bar Association's Natural Resources & Environment Publication, Winter 2011.
- “Greenwashing: What Your Clients Should Avoid”; Published in GPSolo (September, 2011).
- “Update on PACE: Challenges and Opportunities,” The Environmental and Land Use Law Section Reporter, December 2010.
- Speaker, ABA Teleconference Young Lawyers Division, “Unique Problems in Special Assets,” July 2010
- “Citizens United v. Federal Election Comm’n: Justices overturn Prohibitions on Political Speech,” ABA State & Local Law News, Spring 2010.
- "Florida Panther Habitat," Published by the Environmental Law Network, Spring 2010.
- "The Seminole Tribe and Water Rights," Published by the Environmental Law Network, Spring 2010.
- Speaker, ABA Midyear Meeting Young Lawyers Division, “Real Estate Ropes,” February 2010.
- “Networking vs. Business Development, What’s The Difference?” ABA The Young Lawyer, November 2009.
- “ABA Update,” ABA Across the Bar, Fall 2009.
- “Going Green? Take a Closer Look at the Issue of Greenwashing As Spelled Out in the Federal Trade Commission’s Green Guides,” ABA Section of Environment, Energy & Resources Innovation Management Series Systems and Trading Committee Newsletter, May 2009.
- “The Tax Implications of Condemnation Awards,” Eminent Domain Practice and Procedure, 2008.
- Speaker, CLE International Growth & Water Supply Conference, “Where did all the Water Go? A Compare & Contrast of Past & Present,” Drought Paradigms, January 2008.